Monday, June 8, 2009

All Fudged Up

I only recently tried the popular Sucre à la crème, traditional fudge from the province of Quebec in Canada. And my immediate reaction after tasting it was:

“OHMYGOD! What the heck was I waiting for!?”

Yes, it’s that good.

Ingredients? Few

Preparation? Simple

Result? Awesome

Guilt level after gorging yourself? Enormous

Recipe? Below.

Sucre à la crème - Fudge
Sucre a la creme (Fudge)

Ingredients:

150 ml butter
750 ml light brown sugar
150 ml cream 15% or 35%
250 ml icing sugar

Preparation:

Butter a 6 x 10 inch dish.

In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.

Remove from heat, add icing sugar and whisk vigorously until well blended.

Pour mixture into buttered dish, let it cool and cut into squares.

And finally, the most important step of all:

Hide it, so you don’t have to share with anyone.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely sinfully awesome! I'll make it as soon as my short-lived diet dies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to explain my brain exploding when I saw this .. it might be better to say NOTHING than say I WANT SOME NOWWWWWWWWW !! LOL
    You know this is a spectacular stance to take for the day lily trade off thing ............ OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...Titiana, that's hilarious! I (conveniently) put diets on hold. Only for special occasions, of course. Like, you know, fudge day! It's a national holiday; haven't you heard?

    I promise that if you try this, you'll love it! It is soooooo good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, I am prepared to make you an entire tray of this 'melt-in-your-mouth-to-die-for' fudge for those lilies.

    Ready to say ‘Uncle’…?

    But whoa! I gave away the recipe and you can make it yourself! Darn! Ha ha ha…

    ReplyDelete