Friday, June 19, 2009

More Garden Sighing...

On a previous post, titled Sigh…, I uploaded a photo of my (sad-looking) garden. I didn’t want that part of my backyard to be lonely, so here are more sad-looking areas to keep it company.

There’s the sad-looking area under the kitchen window:


I haven’t decided yet what I want to do with this section of the yard, but I do want to get in there as soon as possible and clean it up. I’m hoping to get that chore down by mid-July, two weeks after we move into our new home. This part of the backyard is a southern location, so the gardening choices are quite extensive.


And the sad-looking area under the Maple tree:


Now this is an area that I’m not sure about at all. On one hand, I’d love to create an interesting display. On the other hand, I’m not sure what I could grow there. The Maple tree blocks the southern sun from entering.


In both cases, there is a lot of cleaning up to do first. Once that’s done, I’ll decide where to go from there.

If anyone has any suggestions for these two sad-looking sections in my backyard, please share them with me! Two gardening heads are better than one...

2 comments:

  1. Weeds normally thrive in areas that suit them... I suppose conditions under maple tree is so natural to them. Keeping them, control their height and spread is an alternative to be considered. They may not be beautiful.....

    Have a nice day,
    ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right bangchik. They do thrive in areas that suit them - and sometimes in areas that don't. They are way more resilient than I'd like. But that's (weed) life. I'm planning to clean up the areas free of weeds, or as close to free of weeds as possible. After that, we'll see. Maybe when all these sections are much tidier, my imagination will be triggered.

    Thanks for stopping in and sharing your thoughts. And have a nice day too!

    ReplyDelete