Thursday, June 4, 2009

Whatchu looking at?

I’ve seen more Robins in Kingston, Ontario (my soon to be home) in two months than I’ve seen in my entire life in Montreal (my soon to be old home). They’re all over the place, including my backyard. I believed they were all more or less the same size (trim little critters) until this little dude dropped in for a visit:


A mega Robin.

The picture doesn’t even do this bird justice. He’s huge! So big, in fact, that he wasn’t easily intimidated by my presence, like the other birds that fly away the minute I take the slightest step towards them. I wouldn’t be surprised if he thought he could take me if we got into a fight. Those big wings look like they could land a pretty good slap upside the head, so I don’t know...

No comments:

Post a Comment