Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Impatiens For Shady Areas

A couple of things:

1) My digital camera came back to life the night before. My husband took it out of its case to take a look at it and, POOF, on it went.

“What did you do?” I asked.

“Nothing” He said. “I just pressed the on button”

“So what was wrong?”

Shrug.

The reason it died for awhile and suddenly came back to life will remain a mystery for now. I guess it decided it just wasn’t ready for the big photo processing centre in the sky.

2) I’ve gone to a few local stores to look for plants, hoping to find something to add next to our front entrance, which is so lacking in colour - and warmth. I didn’t have high hopes (being late in the season as it is) but I did manage to track down this lovely plant:


The front entrance of our home receives a reasonable amount of light but no sun, so not only was it a challenge to find a plant this late in the gardening season to begin with for that spot, but it was also a challenge to find one that didn’t need much sun. You can imagine how quickly I pounced on the above Impatien when I spotted it in the garden center. Impatiens are terrific for shady areas and one of the best flower producers. There were only three of these plants left; I only needed one. All is well with the world.

2 comments:

  1. I love those New Guinea Impatience !
    They can take direct sun so if an accident happened and they were in such sun (long story) they survive it .. I used to have a big pot on the deck every year except this year .. total flop this year for potted plants .. go figure ?
    Making notes soon as to what NOT to do next season !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such pretty plants. They are fantastic for indoors too, provided you grow them where they can receive ample light. I bought these flowers at Rona. There were two others with different colours. I told my daughter to choose whichever ones she liked and she chose these.

    I'm also making notes for next season. To make sure I start the garden early enough before it becomes a jungle!

    ReplyDelete