Monday, July 27, 2009

Magnificent Marigolds

I’ve been able to track down a couple of places that still offer some annuals and perennials for sale. And because of how late into the gardening season we are, most of the flowers I’ve picked up are priced very low. So life is good.

One of those priced-just-right pickups is the marigolds that I added last week in my recently-revamped area under the kitchen window:





Marigolds are one of the easiest flowers to grow with a delightfully long blooming period. They add a bright, cheery touch wherever you place them. And the only thing they ask for in return is a sunny location and regular watering, especially when it’s hot.

A flowering plant with an extensive blooming period and very few demands? Sounds good to me.

4 comments:

  1. Martha girl ! You posted early in the morning ! I'm still trying to kick my brain into gear here?
    I love marigolds and some how didn't get them this year .. I may have to FIX that now that I have seen yours ? LOL ... They are perfect companion plants to keep bugs away from other garden babies too ... hum, I might have to get going here and check on the garden !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I'm misleading my readers Joy. I schedule it for early in the morning; to some visitors, it looks like I post that early, but I don't. Shhhh...don't tell anyone my secret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol - that's proactive too! I always write on the fly otherwise I'd never get to post. :)

    I love marigolds and don't have any in my awesome beds. Are they annual or perennial?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tatiana, if I don't schedule ahead, I'll never post a thing. I get so caught up with things that I forget about the computer. At night, usually before I go to bed, I post something, sometimes even a few posts at a time.

    I suppose Marigolds can be perrenials in warmer regions but not here in the Great White North. I usually plant some in the spring and get rid of them in the fall. And Marigolds are so common in the garden that they're not very expensive.

    ReplyDelete