Tuesday, July 7, 2009

&%$&#?&! Virus-Writing Shmucks

Grrrrrr...

My entire computer system went down yesterday because it became infected by a virus that literally destroyed the majority of my programs and files. By the time my virus scanner had finished trying to clean up some of the mess, almost nothing worked. Thankfully, my husband had run a backup about two weeks ago and my system was restored to its pre-virus state. Without that, everything would have been lost.


I know all too well how easy it is to write up some code that can disable a system since I’m a programmer myself, but I would never in a million years even think about doing something like that to some poor unsuspecting soul. How can anyone derive pleasure from destroying someone else’s computer system?

To the poor excuse for a programmer that wrote the virus:

Shame on you, you lowlife, virus-writing schmuck. May you trip on a computer cable and fall head first into your screen.

Grrrrrr…

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! Well at least you had the backup files! I've had to use the backup a few times and am so glad I had them!
    It amazes me what obviously intelligent people will use their brain for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa - I just spent the morning cleaning nasty ad-ware off my PC at work! And by cleaning I mean running an anti-virus that did the work while I surfed the net. Luckily no permanent damage was done.

    Very proactive of you to backup though! It's one of those things I always think I should do, but hardly ever do. One day I'll splurge on a wireless automatic backup system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jesska, thank heavens for my backup or else... ACK... I don't even want to think about it.

    Sometimes those seemingly intelligent people do stupid things!

    -------------------

    You know Tatiana, I won't take credit for the backup. My husband takes care of that. He's the 'security' guy (trusts no one...and nothing...LOL). If it was left up to me, I would have been without a computer a long, long time ago! But shhhhh...don't tell him I said so. He'll do the "Ah..ah..you see why I tell you to backup your stuff...ah...now you know why"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear...so sorry you had to deal with that. Thank goodness you had backup. And, of course, all this reminds me that I need to do something about backing up our stuff. I keep saying "Gee, I need to figure out how to back up our files"....and then I don't do it. You're lucky to have Security Guy on the case! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, security guy is usually right about things like this. Thank goodness for his paranoid nature...LOL...

    ReplyDelete