Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hello Blogging World

I'm back!

Although I had a nice little visit with my family, I’m happy to be back home. And I’m certain that my feathered and furry friends are thrilled about it too. Who else in the neighbourhood spoils them like I do?

Anyway.

I should be putting up posts pretty regularly from here on in, although there may be days when they’re late and days when there won’t be any. But for the most part I’ll be on top of things.

While I’m trying to get back on track with my writing (both for my blog and my website, here’s a pretty picture that I took almost two weeks ago when we had some friends visiting from out of town:


I really enjoy taking pictures of animals, especially when they are not afraid to come close to me.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there Martha girl !
    Glad you made it back into Canada safe and sound .. and that the visit went well ?
    Love the duck picture .. but I keep hearing that "Disco Duck" music in my head now ? hahaha
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Martha! I love your duck shot---especially the way the light hits his feathers.

    I can't see a duck without thinking of that joke about the duck who goes into the drugstore to buy some Chapstick. He tells the clerk to "put it on my bill."

    Yep, I know it's a corny joke, but it makes me laugh out loud every time I hear it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! That's hilarious Joy! Yes, I'm back in Canada where I want to be. I had a nice visit with my family but I'm glad to be back home. I actually drove down to bring my daughter home. I had sent her to Montreal to spend 10 days with her grandmother. If she hadn't gone away to her grandmother's, I may not have taken this trip. I brought back my father-in-law and he loves it here!

    ------------------

    Thanks Beth! As much as I love trips, I prefer to be home. There is so much to do in this new home and my garden, so I don't like to be away for long.

    And I loved the duck joke! Corny or not, it tickles the funny bone.

    ReplyDelete