Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Marigold Blooming Frenzy

The petunias have been laid to rest but the marigolds are still hanging on. Nothing so far has disturbed them. No matter what type of day they face (sunny, cloudy, dry, rainy, warm or cold), they keep growing and flowering in spite of it.

It’s hard to believe that all of the marigolds under my kitchen window all began as tiny little plants that looked like this:





And now look like this:





It’s astonishing how much they’ve grown.

I know that it’s a matter of time before the temperature drops to a level that will put an abrupt end to these amazing plants, but for now I’m enjoying this wonderful blooming frenzy.

I’m looking forward to growing these amazing plants again next year. They’ll always have a place in my garden.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Martha...that IS astonishing. What are you feeding those guys?! They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing, isn't it Beth? I still can't get over how huge they've become since the day they were planted. I can safely assume that they loved their spot (lots of sunshine!). I'll have to get me some more of these next year.

    ReplyDelete