Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How To Wake Up A Lazy Ferret

"You up, Bailey? Huh? Huh? You up?"


"HEY BAILEY! BAIIIIIIILEY! YOU UP?"


"Oh, come on Bailey. You’ve been snoozing for the past three hours. Haven’t you had enough sleep by now?"


"Ack! I never realized how – um - fang-ish your teeth are."

[chuckle]

"Hey, you know Bales, for a minute there, I thought you were gonna sing the way you opened up your mouth. Wouldn't that be just too funny? A singing ferret"


"Wakey, wakey Bailey, Wailey... It’s time to get up and exercise."


"Yes, it’s time to rise and shine my sweet furry face. It’s a beautiful day; don’t waste it sleeping!"


"How about a little neck rub to help you get going?"



"DAMN IT BAILEY! It looks like you’re falling asleep again. That’s it! Time to take out the big guns."


"You asked for it! Tickle, tickle..."


"Tickle, tickle, tickle..."


"If you’re not up by the time I count to three, I’m going to tickle you with both hands!"

"One..."

"Two..."

"Two and a half..."


"That’s a good girl!"

And that’s how you get a lazy ferret to wake up and get some exercise...

6 comments:

  1. OK .. this is just too cute Martha .. Bailey has to be the "Poster Kid" for the ferret family on why you should adopt a ferret ! haha
    She has to be the most loved and spoiled ferret I know .. but then again .. I only know her ? LOL
    Joy : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee,hee...those pictures and captions are adorable! I laughed out loud at the one where Bailey looks like she's giggling when you tickled her.

    And, wow...she does have some impressive little fangs there! Good thing she's such a gentle girl... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love that you tickled her awake, my Mom used to do that when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy, isn't she too cute? Never in a million years would I have thought I'd become so fond of a ferret, of all animals. But there you have it. And yup, she VERY loved, and horribly spoiled.

    ------------------
    Hiya Beth! It really does look like she's giggling, doesn't it. Originally, I was just going to write a little about ferrets and add some of the pictures I took of her. But after seeing them, well, my silly side took over and the ferret FAQ went out the window :)

    Oh, Bailey definitely has some impressive little fangs that could take a chunk off you, but she's the most gentle animal I've ever had in my home. Even when she's overly-excited while playing, she's never slipped up and gotten aggressive. She's extremely docile and very sweet.

    ------------------
    Hi Liza, I can't help but tickle this cutie when I try to wake her up. She's too cute not to want to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG she is wayyy too cute!!!Ilove this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, anonymous. We do love this cute little critter! (By the way: we found out a little later on that this litte girl is actually a BOY!

    ReplyDelete