Friday, January 1, 2010

And A Happy New Year

When I was much younger, time seemed to stand still. In my older years it seems to be racing by. I remember thinking at the age of fifteen how astonishing it was that I’d be around to witness a new millennium roll in, possibly with young children in tow since I’d only be in my mid thirties by then. Well, almost thirty years have gone by since that day, and now I find myself thinking how incredible it is that we’re already a decade into the 21st century.


2009 was a very busy year for me and my family. A lot of changes came our way, most of which we embraced happily. 2010 promises to be a quieter, uneventful year – or so I hope. I haven’t made any resolutions since I’m already so perfect. Ha ha... I’m just kidding, of course. There’s always room for improvement.

I do hope to do more writing now that the holidays are coming to an end. And I certainly look forward to the arrival of spring, which, as far away as it seems now, will get here eventually.

In the meantime, I’d like to wish you all a very happy new year. May it bring you happiness and peace, health and prosperity, and everything else that you desire.

Happy 2010 to all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Martha : )
    I hope this year we get lots of quality garden gossip/chatting ? in .. and you will adopt a few of my plant kids : ) I just know they would love being in your garden !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Joy! I am reaalllly excited about this spring! Can't wait to get the outdoor garden going. It will be a very exciting year for sure. And I hope next year to have garden babies for YOU to adopt :)

    ReplyDelete