Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oven-Fried Chicken

It’s no secret that I enjoy home cooked meals. And because of that, I have an assortment of favourite recipes, many of which I intend to share with you, my dear, lucky readers. What would you do without me?

Today’s post will include the recipe for one of my absolutely favourite, mouth-watering, to keel over for (the expression to die for is really overused, don’t you think?) chicken dishes. I found it on the internet on this blog: Diet Recipes Blog. The link to the recipe can be found here

Okay, here we go...


OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
Servings: 4

Ingredients:
4 chicken parts
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

2. In a plastic bag, combine the flour with all the other dry ingredients.

3. Wash the chicken and shake off any excess water.

4. Drop the chicken parts in the bag and shake each piece until it's coated with the flour mixture.

5. Place the chicken skin-side down in a metal pan and put in the preheated oven.

6. Turn the pieces over after about 20 minutes.

7. Continue baking until crispy and brown.

Photos of the chicken ready for the oven:


Photos of the chicken hot out of the oven:


Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories: 178
Calories from fat: 62
Total fat: 7g
Cholesterol: 44mg
Total carbs: 12.3g
Fiber: 0.5g
Protein: 15.3g
WW points: 4


Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm... That looks wonderful, Martha---a great alternative to fried chicken. I'll be trying this one just as soon as I find a sale on chicken. I think I'm going to like Tasty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a great cook but even I can do this Martha : )
    The finished product looks GREAT !
    Now where did I put that paper and pen ?? LOL
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome, I've always wanted to make oven fried chicken but never do because I don't know if it's really as good as fried fried. However the photos speak for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, you will just love this chicken recipe. I have a lot of poutly recipes because that type of meat is one of the only ones I can find sales on regularly. And since I shop our groceries on a budget, I do try - like you - to look for sales. I really like this recipe because I'm not a fan of deep frying. It's very tasty, and easy to make, And you can just double the recipe for more chicken pieces.

    -----------------
    Joy, as much as I like cooking, I don't like to cook long complicated meals. So I look for simple recipes like this one. You will love how quickly you can make this, and how delicious it is. And I so enjoy recipes that I can throw into the oven and forget about, rather than the ones I have to hover over on the stove!

    ---------------
    Tatiana, it took me a long time to find a recipe for chicken in the oven that tastes as fantastic as deep fried. When I ran across this one, I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I decided to give it a try. Well...MY LORD...but it's good. It's one of those recipes that becomes a regular meal in the home. Give it a try; you'll really like it. And just double up on the ingredients to cook more chicken pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I'll have to try this recipe!

    Love the quote in your header. I just found this on a journal and bought it for one of my students who turned 18 and has the most horrendous family life (I'm a school counselor).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy, I guarantee that you will love this recipe; it's absolutely awesome.

    I'm sorry to hear about your student's life; how difficult it is. Thankfully there are people like you who can help these young people in troubled homes. And some of these kids turn out to be the best adults, and best family people. There's always hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete