Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pumpkin Fluff

I do so much love the taste of pumpkin, and usually have a can of it in the pantry, waiting to be used in a delicious and amazingly-simple-to-prepare recipe like this one:


PUMPKIN FLUFF

What you'll need:

1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 3 oz. box French vanilla instant pudding mix
8 oz. whipped topping
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice or pumpkin pie spice


How to prepare it:

In a bowl blend dry pudding mix and pumpkin till light.




Add spices, mix until everything is perfectly blended.



Fold in whipped topping. Blend well.




Divide into dessert dishes.



Refrigerate (chill) until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

Note: You can use sugar-free and low fat versions of pudding mix and whipped topping, like I do, to make this a really low fat, low calorie dessert that will more than satisfy any sweet tooth.

5 comments:

  1. We love pumpkin, too...and it's really good for you with the fiber and nutrients and all that good stuff. I will definitely be trying this recipe---it looks wonderful. Thanks, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkin pie (I don't even want the crust .. just the filling) so I will want to try this out too !
    I have been eating Jell-O like crazy .. weird menopausal urges or what ? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, I love pumpkin recipes, and I'm always on the lookout for something new. I ran across this one on the internet and thought "hmmm...looks interesting". Well, it turned out to be more than interesting. It's amazing! Very tasty, and very refreshing! You'll love it.

    ===============
    Joy, this tastes like pumpkin pie (without the crust). It's awesome. And because it's low fat, I can indulge without the guilt.

    Menopause and jell-o? What's an interesting combination. Things I have to look forward to in a few short years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang! That's got to be healthier than a plain old pudding and I love the color too. Going on the list to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tatiana, this is not only a healthier version, it's also so darn tasty. I tried it out of curiosity and ended up loving it! Now I make it regularly.

    ReplyDelete