Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Miniature Roses Aren’t Just Red...

...they’re also yellow and pink and white in my garden...

I don’t know what’s gotten into me but I’m suddenly captivated by miniature roses. And so I’ve treated myself to a few:


There is red...


Yellow...


White...


Pale pink...


And dark pink...


Aren’t they really pretty?

A few have been added to the right side of the yard but the majority of them have been planted under my kitchen window.


The ones I bought are typical miniature roses that are sold just about everywhere. I would love to find some that have flower colours that I can’t find locally. Like violet-blue or a type of orangey shade or a peachy colour. Or just something other than yellow, red, pink and white. For now, this is more than enough. I'm a happy camper.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Martha !
    You need "coral" and bi-coloured ones to POP ! That is the perfect place to have this sweet little collection though ! .. You are in the thick of planting more and more so your garden has to be looking VERY happy by now !
    Have to have a peek soon !!
    Joy : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I honestly didn't even know they HAD miniature roses! But now I'm very tempted to pick up a couple for the flower bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Joy, you bet I need 'coral' and bi-coloured ones. I found some online sellers that offer gorgeous miniature roses; unfortunately the shipping charges are almost three times the price of the plants! So I can't do that; it's not worth it.

    You MUST come by my place soon to see all the work I've done!

    ===========
    Tatiana, you should check your local nurseries. Miniature roses are often located where the houseplants are. And if you have a WalMart nearby, check there too. You will love these little roses. They make gorgeous flowers, they're easy to care for and they don't take up much room. What more can you ask for?

    ReplyDelete