Monday, May 3, 2010

New Plants...Again...

It’s that time, folks, when I get to write about my recent obsession: the addition of new baby (mostly) perennials to my garden that I’m trying to build this year. Sometime later on, perhaps in late summer or so, I will share some before and after shots of our home’s planting areas. You’ll be surprised at home much everything has changed since we moved here.

Anyway, the plants...

1) Sedum kamtschaticum ‘Variegatum’


This low-growing perennial has glossy green foliage that is edged with a creamy-white shade. It will be in bloom from June to August with bright, yellow flowers. I picked up two of these cuties and placed them in the new flower bed in the back.


2) Aubrieta ‘Royal Blue’


I thought the flowers of this delicate perennial were very pretty, so I decided to give it a try. As you’ve surely noticed, the plant tag does not properly reflect the pretty blue blooms; in the tag’s photo, the flowers are pink. Anyway, I picked up a couple of these and added them to the new area.


3) Pulsatilla vulgaris


How can I resist this adorable plant that will produce purple urn-shaped flowers? I couldn’t, so I bought two and planted them out back.


4) Limonium dumosum 'Purple'


This is another plant with purple flowers that will bloom in the summer. Lately, I’ve been drawn to the colour purple for some reason.

I brought home two of these and added them to my new flower bed.



Now, let’s see where that new area is at.




It’s filling up!

2 comments:

  1. Gnomes! I love them!

    You are really going to like the pasque flower. It has fuzzy flowers that bloom really early. These will also seed out in areas that they really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvana, I love gnomes too! Very much. And when I ran across these two in my garden, I just couldn't resist.

    Thanks for the info on the pasque flower. I've never grown one of these before but it looks so cute; I just coulnd't resist taking a couple home with me.

    ReplyDelete