Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What’s Growing On In The Garden?

Those of you who follow my blog know that I’ve been really busy this spring with the garden. I’ve been running around town buying plants to add to the empty flower beds that already existed and to the flower beds that have been recently carved out. And every week, I’ve been spending hours outside trying to get further ahead.

It’s been tough but all that hard work is starting to pay off. Today, I’d like to share a little of what’s growing happily in the garden.

So.

- Digitalis ‘Foxy’ -

Oh my how this plant has grown since I brought it home. It’s still quite small but growing quickly. And despite the fact that it’s still so young, it’s getting ready to bloom



- Salvia × sylvestris 'Blue Queen' -

Small in size but eager to get going, this lovely plant is showing off its pretty flowers.



- Anemone sylvestris -

Still blooming away after so many weeks, Anemone sylvestris is a true gem in the garden. This is one of the few perennials planted in my garden last year.



- Trollius chinensis ‘Golden Queen’ -

Even though it’s not fully grown, this popular perennial is preparing to bloom.



- Coreopsis grandiflora ‘Sunfire’ -

I expected to see flowers some time in June, but this little perennial has been gracing my garden with lovely blooms since I brought it home.



- Echinacea purpurea ‘White Swan’ -

Like Anemone sylvestris, this Echinacea has been in the garden since last year. Because it was planted a little late in the season, and because it was so young, it didn’t grow very big. But this year, in just a few short weeks, it’s grown into a mega plant. And it’s preparing to bloom. (There are two of these in the garden, and they’re both doing equally well.)



- Aquilegia alpine -

It certainly didn’t take this columbine very long to start growing flowers. No complaints on my end. Bring it on, I say.



Well, that’s it for this post. There is a lot more going on in the garden, but I will leave the rest for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Martha! Just catching up on your latest garden acquisitions (I've had guests for the past week and haven't been able to get online much). I'm thrilled to see your new gnome and even happier to see what's blooming. Looks like your gnome gardeners are doing a fine job taking care of the flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, it's so nice to hear from you! I've been meaning to send you an email but I'm so behind in many things; it's been awfully busy. But I'll be in touch soon.

    Yup, another gnome. I love these little guys. And you're right; they're doing an amazing job in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete