Monday, June 28, 2010

A Gem Of A Plant

I’ve never grown most of the plants that I’ve added to my garden this year, so I really have no idea whether they’re worth having or not, whether they’re difficult or easy to care for, or even if I’ll want to continue to grow them.

But I do know one thing:

Agastache ‘Blue Fortune’ is one of the most amazing plants I’ve run across in a long time.

It went from this...


...to this...


...within just a few short weeks.

Not only does it grow quickly, it’s not fussy, at all. And the leaves are licorice-scented.

If you’re looking for a gem of a plant, try the Agastache ‘Blue Fortune’. You won’t be disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Holy grower, batman! Seems to like your soil that's for sure. Also the second photo is much more polished looking with better light - cool. Sadly it's not hardy here, but I looked at some images - it's stunning when it blooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bees & Butterflies love it too, one of my favourite plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha...that's too funny, Tatiana. Holy grower is right! It's too bad this gorgeous plant won't survive your winters; you would love it.

    Yup, the first photo wasn't all that great, but even so, the plant looked a little beat up when it was really small. Now it's just amazing.

    ===============
    Andrew, I never knew of this plant before this year, but I'm so glad I do now. It's spectacular. Looks great. No fuss. What more can you ask for?

    ReplyDelete