Monday, June 7, 2010

I Love Ambitious Garden Plants

Take for example my Blue Girl:



This rose bush hasn’t been planted in my garden all that long, and it’s not even all that big, yet it’s already flowering. I tell you, I was thrilled when I discovered the blooms; the colour of the flowers and their shape is simply lovely. I’m so glad I added Blue Girl to my garden; it was worth the extra expense for such an ambitious little thing.

Incidentally, the flowers look too pink in this photo. In real life, they are a lilac/purple shade. Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! I've never seen a lilac rose. You've chosen some real treasures for your garden, Martha. I'm glad they're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Beth! It's such a wonderful feeling when all the hard work you put into your garden starts to pay off.

    ReplyDelete