Monday, June 21, 2010

New Plants For The Garden

Okay, so here I am again with another batch of plants that have been added to the garden. These days I’m popping into garden centers to see if there are any really good sales going on. Clearance sales would be the best, but it’s not happening yet. In time...everything in time...

Anyhow, here are some new additions:


1) Eupatorium rugosum ‘Chocolate’


I thought this plant with dark, bronzy leaves would make a wonderful addition to the garden. So, I picked up one and took it home with me. It’s planted on the left side of the yard near my huge maple tree.



2) Gaura lindheimeri 'Pink Cloud'


Apparently, this plant is known to flower from early summer right through to October, sometimes well into November. How can you resist that? I picked up one and planted it under my kitchen window.



3) Lilium 'Tiny Bee'


I adore liliums and have added quite a few in my garden. ‘Tiny Bee’ caught my eye with its gorgeous bright yellow flowers. There were three of these liliums in one pot; all three are planted under my kitchen window.



4) Chrysanthemum max. ‘Exhibition’


I have a hard time resisting daisy-like flowers no matter how many I already have growing in the garden. I picked up one of these, divided it into two plants and added them both to the new flower bed in the center of the yard.


5) Lilium 'Navona'


This lily was on sale, so I picked one up and planted it under my kitchen window. The flowers are not open yet, but it should happen any day now.



6) Lilium 'Star Gazer'


This is a very popular Lilium – or so I’ve heard. I picked up a container with three bulbs in it and added them all to the flower bed under my kitchen window. I’m curious to see what the flowers will be like.



7) Lilium 'Crimson Pixie'

I only meant to pick up some groceries that day, but when I ran across these lovely plants at the supermarket, I couldn’t resist. I took home two with me and planted them on the right side of the yard. The colour of the flowers is stunning.



Below is an assortment of bulbs that have been planted in different areas around the garden. I’ve only taken photos of the packaging since the bulbs are not quite grown yet.


8) Lilium ‘Tiger Pink’


There were two bulbs in the package; both of them were planted in the middle of the yard.


9) Lilium ‘Royal Sunset’


This package contained 5 bulbs. I planted two in the center of the yard, 2 under my kitchen window and one on the right side of the yard.


10) Lilium ‘Pink Chablis’


The two bulbs in this pack were added to the new bedding area in the middle of the yard.


And that’s it for now, folks. There will be another post or two sometime in the near future about more new plants.

4 comments:

  1. What stuns me is how you find room for all these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It stuns me too, Tatiana; I was actually thinking about that today. There are a lot of planting areas; a lot more than I thought. And although it's kind of fun, I would like to finally finish a few sections. Sooner or later I'm going to run out of interesting plants! It's already getting harder and harder to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Martha. Just catching up after a computer hiatus (mostly). I always love seeing your new plant acquisitions. I love all daisy flowers, too. The Shastas are so pretty. We have Ox-Eye daisies that grow wild here, so I've dug up quite a few in the fields and transplanted them to my gardens where they have spread perhaps a bit too readily. :-) I'll be interested to hear how your gaura does next year. I bought several last year because I loved the way they looked, but only two came back. And they aren't flowering for some reason. But the foliage is lovely. Maybe it's just the terrible clay soil here. Or the brutal heat and humidity (without rain) that we've been having. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Beth! Nice to see you here in my neck of the woods. I've been terribly busy these days; I'm not sure how I'm keeping up with everything, but somehow I am. I adore daisy-like flowers and have added a few around the garden.

    I'm also curious to see how my gaura will do next year, among many other plants. Our winters can be pretty harsh some years, so I'm not sure what will come back next spring. I'll just have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete