Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Raspberry Muffins

I’m not a huge muffin fan, but I do enjoy one occasionally. And although most of the time I use ready made mixes, once in awhile I like to bake muffins from scratch. Here is one recipe that I really like.


Raspberry Muffins

Ingredients:

1 medium egg, beaten.
2 ½ cups of flour.
1 cup of fresh raspberries.
1 cup of milk.
½ cup of melted butter.
2 tablespoons of sugar.
2 teaspoons of baking powder.
¾ teaspoon of salt.

Preparation:

In a suitably sized bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, mix together the egg, milk and the butter; then add to the dry ingredients and mix.

Add the raspberries, stirring so they are spread out.

Pour into greased muffin tins (or use muffin liners).

Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.


(Recipe can be found here: http://www.muffinrecipes.net/raspberry-muffins.html )

Serve these tasty muffins with some yogurt or cottage cheese; the combination is delicious!

3 comments:

  1. it is nice to eat home made muffins even if they are not perfect. Such a pleasure.... ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Martha - not the worlds biggest muffin fan. Very rare treat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Bangchik; eating home made muffins is a real treat, regardless of whether they're perfect or not. There's just something nice about food made at home that I love.

    ==========
    Tatiana, I don't mind one once in awhile, but I don't eat muffins regularly. They're not my favourite thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete