Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries

I am a big fan of sweet potatoes, and although I have many recipes, below is a quick and tasty way of making them.


Sweet Potato Fries

3 medium sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil (I use canola)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 tbsp brown sugar (more if you like your fries sweeter)


- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1/4–inch wide strips. Place them in a bowl, add the oil and toss to coat.

- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and brown sugar. Toss again to coat.

- Spread the fries on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or until done. Turn every 10 minutes while cooking.



It can’t get any easier than this!

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum, I love sweet potato fries, although I've only had them baked twice. Both times they were in wedges with some sort of amazing seasoning on them. Anyhow they're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, sweet potatoes are amazing! It's funny, but I didn't try these until I was in my 30s. Can you believe that? All those years...missing this amazing food...

    ReplyDelete