Monday, August 23, 2010

Flowers In The Garden

Although it’s been raining and gloomy for the past few days, I have appreciated that my garden has been getting watered without my help. It’s given me a chance to catch up on other chores around the house, which is great. But those chores have also kept me very busy, which isn’t so great because it hasn’t left me with much time to put together an interesting post. Can’t do much about that now. The day is almost over.

What I can do is share some photos of flowers growing in my garden. I figure you can never tire of pretty flowers. Can you? Of course you can’t.

Here they are...














I hope you’re all enjoying some pretty blooms in your own gardens!

3 comments:

  1. I can't get sick of flower photos! Your garden is doing way better than mine right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha girl your flowers are looking gorgeous ! and can you believe I just saw your Chocolate Cosmos post now ???? eeeeeeekkkkkkk !!
    Mine never did surface .. along with the Cherry Brandy rudbeckia and what not from those idiot bad mail order companies we had fun with ! haha
    After today .. we are in for a long hot spell so I will be yipping to John about getting a handle on some of the plants .. there is serious cutting back to do !!
    You pulled a great post together and no gardener gets sick of seeing flowers girl ! haha
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Liza. I enjoy photos of flowers. Pretty blooms always put a smile on my face :)

    ===========
    Joy, my chocolate cosmos surfaced, but I can't say I liked it as much as the other pretty plants in my garden. The flowers are cute, but the plant is not very attractive. The leaves just hang all over the place. It's too bad about the cherry brandy. I have one in my garden and love it! I'll be sad if it doesn't come back next spring. I've read that it's not that reliable or hardy in our area, so there's a chance I may just have to plant another next year and treat it as an annual if I must.

    And by the way, most of those mail order plants didn't surface. It doesn't encourage me to order from these companies.

    ReplyDelete