Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Corn On The Grill

When I was growing up, my father and I were the corn lovers in the house. He’d either boil some in a pot of salted water as an after dinner snack and we’d sit in front of the TV and devour them. Or he’d cook some on the grill and we’d have them with a BBQ dinner. No matter how he made them, they were always delicious. Now that I’m all grown up, I make corn for my own family. Below is an easy recipe for those of you that enjoy this sweet treat on the grill. It’s also a low fat version, which keeps it healthy.


Ingredients:

Corn on the cob
Butter-flavoured cooking spray (you can use butter instead of cooking spray but it will add more fat and calories to the corn)
Salt (and/or other spices that you enjoy)


Preparation:

Husk the corn completely and wash each one well.

Place each ear in the center of an aluminum foil sqaure and spray with cooking spray (or cover with butter).

Sprinkle with salt and wrap tightly with foil.

Grill over medium-low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.

Remove corn from aluminum foil and allow to cool for 5- 10 minutes before serving.

And finally...

Devour!

2 comments:

  1. Healthy schmealthy, give me the butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...you are funny, Liza! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete