Friday, September 10, 2010

Photos Of Bailey And Nacho

Today’s post is all about fuzzy pet modeling. I finally picked up a compact digital camera that I can take everywhere with me (one that isn’t obsolete – yet), and I needed some models to pose so I can try it out. That’s where Bailey comes in.


Isn’t he just the handsomest dude you’ve ever seen?

It wasn’t easy getting a decent shot of him. I must have snapped about 40 photos before Bailey finally stayed still long enough for one of them to be blog-worthy.

Anyway.

My new camera is nothing really special; it’s just a simple point-and-shoot. But it suits my needs and it’s quite affordable. And although it’s not a high-end, fancy schmancy type, it’s certainly a lot more advanced than my 10-year-old HP that weighs a ton (okay, slight exaggeration) and is much too large to drop in my purse or slip in my pocket.

(That’s right, folks, all the pictures I’ve posted on my blog since I started it were taken with a 10-year-old digital camera.)

Anyhow.

In other news, I've discovered that Nacho has come to believe that she is, in fact, a ferret. Aside from some of the habits that she’s picked up from Bailey and Clair’s (like the way she takes food out of her bowl, drops it on the ground in front of her and crumbles it before she eats it – something ferrets do), she’s also been taking her afternoon naps in the ferret hammock.

Here’s the proof:


I’m not sure how to break the news to Nacho that she’s not a ferret; she truly believes that she is. It’s a very delicate situation and I’m going to have to handle it with care.

And that’s it for this week’s ferrety post. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go play with my new camera!

6 comments:

  1. Maybe she's just experimenting with ferretry, and it's a phase that will pass on its own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she's headed into the teenage years, so I guess it's possible. Her ferrety behaviour is kind of cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new camera, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Liza. It certainly was 'about time'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm sounds like an identity crisis for sure. And I love the new camera, great photos! Oh and I love you new profile photo too... saw it a while ago and keep forgetting to say something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Tatiana, for the comment about the camera and my new profile photo. Both had to be upgraded because they were obsolete :)

    Nacho has spent a lot of time with the ferrets, so I'm not surprised she's picked up some habits. It's kind of cute, though. And the fact that she is so wonderful with them is terrific.

    ReplyDelete