Friday, September 17, 2010

Photos Of Bailey

Hubby and I stopped in for a few minutes at the pet shop near our home when we went out for a walk a couple of nights ago. It’s the store where we got Bailey, so it holds a bit of a sentimental feeling for me. Of course, while we were there, I had to check and see if any baby ferrets were available. There were two tiny little fuzzies curled up in little balls fast asleep. Now, technically, I know that Bailey was that small when we brought him home last year. Still, it’s hard to believe looking at him now; he’s so much bigger and furrier.

When we got back home, I tracked down the first photos of Bailey that I’ve posted below.





Yup, he really was that small. And oh so cute. Not that he isn’t cute anymore. He is. But he’s no longer sporting that sweet baby look that young animals seem to all have.

Sigh. Why do baby animals have to grow so quickly?

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie!

    Also, you're the blue ribbon champion for last week's puzzler. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about baby animals. They are all irresistible! But they're so cute all grown up, too, especially when you've known them since they were babies.
    I keep meaning to tell you how much I love Ferrety Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, all babies are cute, probably so that we have some incentive to care for them. :) Those photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to believe you only have had these little ones so recently (in my mind ? LOL) and babies are made to look cute so we can love them to bits ! haha
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liza, thanks; he was such a cutie when he was tiny like that. Now he's a handsome dude :)

    Yup, I know about being the blue ribbon champion on your recent puzzler; I visited your site yesterday to enjoy your Friday post. I'm good, no? And modest :)

    ============
    Hi Cynthia, thanks for your kinds words about my Ferrety Fridays. I used to write longer, more detailed posts until the garden season hit. I hope to get back to that soon. I like to share information about them, so people can provide better care.

    =============
    Tatiana, you're right; that cuteness makes them look adorable and helpless at the same time, which motivates us to care for them. I don't mind them growing up. I just wish the baby stage lasted a little longer.

    ===============
    Joy, it amazes me how much has changed since we moved year only a year ago. Since then, we've added four furry kids to our household: two ferrets and two cats. I just adore all of them.

    ReplyDelete