Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Showy Sedums

Like many gardeners, I tend to take certain plants for granted, particularly those that don’t require much care. Like my sedums. They’re easy to grow, can handle drought extremely well and make no demands throughout the spring and summer seasons. Then, come autumn, they grace the garden with their lovely flower buds that remain attractive well into winter. Can you ask for a better plant? If only all my plants were this well behaved.

Below are photos of two of my favourite sedums in bloom. The first three pictures are of my Sedum ‘Autumn Joy’.





The next two photos are of a sedum that my friend Joy gave to me. I’m not sure what type it is; if you know, please share some info with me.




Next spring, I will consider adding more sedums to my garden. I am very pleased with their performance and how easy it is to care for them. My idea of the perfect garden is one that makes very few demands; the less maintenance, the better.

2 comments:

  1. They're very very pretty in a quiet kind of way. Sounds like a low maintenance dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it, Tatiana; you barely notice them for most of the summer. Then when autumn arrives, BAM, they practically glow in the dark. The colours are very bright. While everything else is dying down, these plants are putting on a show. Hey, I'll take it; winter is on its way, so may as well enjoy what we can until then.

    ReplyDelete