Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pretty Monarch At The Cemetery

Because of all the butterfly-friendly flowers I’ve added to my garden, I’ve seen more monarchs this summer than I’ve seen in the past ten years. But despite how many have been fluttering around my back yard, not one has sat somewhere long enough for me to snap a photo of it.

But I did get my chance recently, although not in my garden.

Hello butterfly!


These photos were taken during a stroll through the Cataraqui Cemetery.


I couldn’t believe this little critter sat still and let me take a few pictures.


Isn’t it the prettiest little thing?



It might sound a little morbid to some of you (or maybe not), but I enjoy visiting cemeteries. Not sure what the appeal is, but I like walking through them and taking photos. In this case, it really paid off with this gorgeous butterfly.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing series of photos of the monarch. They usually flit away so quick it is hard to get one good photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might sound a little morbid to some of you (or maybe not), but I enjoy visiting cemeteries. Not sure what the appeal is, but I like walking through them and taking photos.

    Not at all. Cemeteries are usually very quiet, big enough for a decent-sized walk, have few or no other [living] people in them, and what people there are won't bother you because as far as they know you might be deranged by grief. They're perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, crafty gardener. I couldn't believe my good fortune that day.

    ------
    You are right, Mr. S! Great way to put it :)

    ReplyDelete