Monday, September 6, 2010

We’ve Got Sunflowers!

Ladies and gentlemen, the sunflowers have bloomed. And they are just as spectacular as I’d hoped they’d be. Check ‘em out:







They’re not all completely open, but I didn’t want to wait any longer; I wanted to share some photos with you.







The plants have gotten so tall that I had a hard time trying to photograph the flowers. It’s hard to believe that these giants all began as seeds. What a great way to end this gardening season. Even the bees think so; they’re all over the flowers every day.

I can’t wait to do it all over again next year!

5 comments:

  1. They look great! Aren't they spectacular flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, I love them! Nothing says summer quite like sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! I didn't get mine planted this year so I'm loving looking at others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous, Martha! The photo on top of the sunflower behind leaves reminds me of the way the sun rises behind the mountains here.

    The bees love them now...the birds will love them later...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Meredehuit! I love them; they are the highlight of my garden.

    ==========
    Beth, I haven't grown sunflowers from seed in over 10 years, so it's very exciting to finally be doing that. And yes, the bees are crazy about them!

    ReplyDelete