Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bulbs, Bulbs, Bulbs

Did you honestly think I wasn’t going to plant any bulbs this autumn. And not post about them when I did?

Not a chance.

Of course I added bulbs to my garden. Lots and lots of bulbs that will grace my garden come next spring.

I planted a large amount of daffodils and tulips near my kitchen window:



And I planted crocus, hyacinth, daffodils and tulips near my living room window:


When all the bulbs were buried in the soil, hubby cut up some netting and covered them up so that Mr. Squirrel (that pest!) won’t get to them.



If everything goes well, I will be enjoying spring blooms from the front and back of the house. I’m really looking forward to that.

So I’m happy.

The gnomes, on the other hand, aren’t as thrilled. This is what they have to say:


Ah, gnomes...always complaining about something. You should never take them too seriously. They’ll feel much better after a long winter rest.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your lovely photos of blooming things in the spring, Martha! Good idea to foil the devious plans of Mr. Squirrel. Here, we also have to deal with Mr. Vole, who eats bulbs like they're candy.

    Are you sure you should put those gnomes together in the shed? Who knows what sort of mischief the four of them might conjure up if allowed to consort?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth; I'm very much looking forward to next year. In addition to all the pretty bulbs, my perennials will be more established. Not to mention how many plans I have for next year. It's not even winter yet and I'm already thinking off plants I want to add.

    Ha ha...the gnomes... I wasn't sure if I should put them together in the shed, but it sure beats keeping them in the house!

    -------------
    Liza, I love spring flowers, too. They are a beautiful sign that the gardening season is on its way.

    ReplyDelete