Friday, October 8, 2010

Photo Of Nacho And Bailey

I had a much longer ferrety post planned for this Friday, but didn’t get a chance to finish it up. I’ve been very busy this week with all kinds of things. One of them is preparing for my father-in-law’s visit. He’s arriving from Montreal (about 280 kilometers/174 miles away) by train this afternoon, and he’ll be staying with us until Tuesday. I spent a considerable amount of time cleaning up the house, which wasn’t really necessary as my father-in-law wouldn’t care (or notice) if the house isn’t spotless; this is mostly for my own satisfaction. Still. It took some time to get the whole place in order.

I also went shopping to pick up some of the things he enjoys. For example, he eats a little pie with ice cream now and then, so I picked up some of both. He also likes to nibble during the day, so I picked him up some bite-sized Tobblerone chocolates (which he loves), some cookies to enjoy with his tea, some BBQ chips (couldn’t remember if he likes chips but my husband does, so he’s thrilled) and a couple of other things. I also brought home baked beans in maple syrup and some bacon, both of which he enjoys with eggs in the morning. Now, there are a lot of other items that I picked up but I’m not going to list them as I’m sure you’re not in the mood to hang around here for that.

The point I’m trying to make is that I’ve been busy preparing for my father-in-law’s visit. I want him to be comfortable while he stays with us so he doesn’t feel homesick; the man is (very soon-to-be) 84 years old, after all, and being away from his comfy environment is not easy on him. The nice thing is that on Sunday it’s his birthday (he’ll be officially 84), so we’ll get to celebrate it with him. We’re also invited to Port Hope (a town about an hour or so away from here) on Sunday for Thanksgiving dinner by my husband’s first cousin, which my father-in-law is looking forward to (he’ll get to see some of his nieces and nephews). So it’s going to be a really nice visit.

Anyhow.

Since I didn’t get a chance to finish up the post I intended for today, I will have to leave you with a ferrety image instead. The photo below was added to my blog quite awhile back, but since it’s one of my favourites, I decided to add it again.
I love when different species get along as well as these two. It’s really cute.

3 comments:

  1. Martha I didn't see this picture before of Nacho and Bailey or is it Claire ? sorry i can't quite get my eyes working well today ? haha
    They are just too sweet together : )
    You really do make a guest feel comfortable girl !
    Joy : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liza, it's amazing, isn't it? 84 and in perfect health. I should be so lucky!

    ------------
    Joy, my dear, Nacho (that's her in the photo) is, by far, the best cat I have ever had. She is super sweet and friendly; just loves the ferrets. And they like her, too.

    My father-in-law is a very good man; I enjoy having him here. And I always make sure he's comfortable, so he doesn't get too homesick.

    ReplyDelete