Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Furry Mocha... Hold The Milk, Please

Okay, so we finally named the latest furry addition to our family, and it seems that Bailey and Clair – our two loveable ferrets – are the only two pets fortunate enough to have normal names, because baby cat is going to be called Mocha from now on. You heard right...Mocha... as in café mocha; a variant of a caffè latte.

Why Mocha, you ask? [shrug] Who knows? We toss name balloons up in the air in this family when we’re trying to name a pet and whichever one doesn’t burst, well, that’s what the poor furry critter gets stuck with. And since the Mocha balloon didn’t burst, baby cat is now named after a chocolate-flavoured beverage.

Anyway.

So we broke the news to her:

The first thing she did is discuss it with Nacho:


That went well – I think. But then the news spread to the ferrets and they weren’t as nice about it (ferrets can be quite mischievous, you know).


I’m not entirely sure how the heckling has affected Mocha (she doesn’t want to talk about it), but she seems to be having a little trouble getting out of bed lately. I hope she’s not feeling...um...depressed. I’ve included a photo for you all to take a look.


What do you think? Does she look unhappy?

I hope not.

Other names that we considered are Sheba, Jinx, Chloe, Skittles, Taco, Baby, Kitten, Chips, Cheese and a few others that I can’t remember right now, mostly because their balloons didn’t float for very long (you can imagine how bad they were...).

Well, just wanted to announce to the world that baby cat is now called Mocha. Poor little bugger...

6 comments:

  1. That is great:) Nacho has a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, she sure does. I can't say she was happy about the idea when we first brought the kittne home, but they've become great friends - and partners in crime! Better thing we ever did for Nacho...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she looks tragic... her life is truly over... cats have the MOST comfortable naps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha...you got it, Tatiana. The way she's lying on the cat bed...that's just tragic... Poor little kitten :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just catching up with your blog posts now Martha .. it takes me forever , BIG sigh !
    I loved this post with the balloon comments too funny ! especially Claire's comments and LOOK !
    Mocha is perfectly lovely : ) I can't wait to see how much Nacho and she "grows" up and what their personalities will really become ? LOL
    Joy : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about it, Joy; I have trouble keeping up with blogs and I don't even have as many on my list as you do!

    I enjoy making posts like this, imagining what the animals are thinking.

    Mocha has it made here so I wouldn't worry about her! I'm happy that her and Nacho are getting along so well. It was a good decision to adopt a second cat from the humane society.

    ReplyDelete