Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday Silliness

It’s our Thanksgiving weekend, so today’s silliness post is all about that...


Thanksgiving Divorce

Eddie in Vancouver calls his son in Toronto just before Thanksgiving and tells him, “I am sorry to tell you but your mother and I are getting divorced. We can't stand the sight of each other any more. Please tell your sister.”

When Eddie calls his sister Julie, she says: “No way are they getting divorced. Let’s go see them on Thanksgiving and discuss it with them.”

Julie then phones her parents. Her father picks up the phone and she tells him, “Eddie and I will be there on Thanksgiving. Until then, don't take any action!” She hangs up and starts packing for the trip.

The father puts down the phone and turns to his wife and says. “Good news. Eddie and Julie are coming for Thanksgiving - and they are both paying their own way!”


Thanksgiving Cartoons





(For those of you that don’t know, 'redrum' is 'murder' spelled backward, as highlighted in the book/movie 'The Shining' by Stephen King.)


How To Make Thanksgiving More Interesting

1. During the middle of the meal, turn to the host/hostess and say, "See, I told you they wouldn't notice that the turkey was four months past its expiration date. You were worried for nothing."

2. When everyone goes around to say what they are thankful for, say, "I'm thankful I didn't get caught" and refuse to say anything more.

3. Load your plate up high, then take it to the kitchen, toss it all in the blender, and take your "shake" back to the table. Announce that it's the new Thanksgiving Weight Loss Shake

4. Prepare a several hour long speech to give when asked about your thankfulness. If necessary, insist that no one leave or eat until you have finished the speech.

5. Bring along old recorded football games and pop them in the VCR when dad's not looking. Make sure it is set to the last two minutes of the game when he comes into the room, turn off the VCR, and then turn on the regular TV.

6. Bring a date that only talks about the tragic and abusive conditions known to exist at turkey farms. Request that she bring photos.

4 comments:

  1. I love the first bit of humour, must try that on our daughter in Victoria and see if it works :)

    Have a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will the hydrolog be updated? And you're sexy as a blond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG .. who is that "anonymous" poster ?? eeuuwww!
    Funny jokes girl .. had me laughing here making the cats wonder what is wrong with me ?? haha
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, me too, crafty gardener! Great way to get your kids to visit during the holidays :)

    ----------------
    Anonymous, I'm not updating my Water Roots website anymore; it'll be coming down soon. Actually, it should have been down by now. I don't know what's up with the hosting company.

    -----------------
    Joy, my dear, I don't know who anonymous is. I prefer when people actually have some type of profile. I'm going to check and see if there's a way to disallow anonymous remarks.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the humour. We have to laugh to keep us young - and sane!

    ReplyDelete