Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Hope My Butterfly Gaura Returns Next Spring

There are some plants in my garden that I’m particularly fond of, and it’s those that I really hope make it through the winter. One of them is this pretty little thing:

This is a bloom on my Gaura lindheimeri 'Pink Cloud', also known as butterfly gaura; an amazing plant that grows like a weed and blooms and blooms and blooms. And blooms some more. I just love it. But I’m not sure if it’ll come back next year. Some sources of information state that it’s hardy to zone 5; others say that it can only survive as low as zone 6. So I’m not very confident that this pretty little thing will survive our Canadian winter. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see come next spring.

I really do hope that my butterfly gaura returns next year to grace my garden with its delicate flowers, but I’m not holding my breath. Hmmm... Not much of an optimist, am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment