Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Single Photograph

My father-in-law who is 84 years old came to visit us for a few days last month during Thanksgiving. It was a lovely, warm weekend, so we took him downtown for a walk along Lake Ontario. I fell behind at one point to take a photo of him with my husband strolling along together:

There’s something about this photo that touches my heart. Father and son? One generation to the next? A lifetime of memories? I don’t know what it is but I love the feeling it gives me. How I wish my own father was still around so we could take strolls like this together. I do miss him so.

2 comments:

  1. That IS a sweet shot, glad you were able to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that my father-in-law was able to visit with us. He's getting on in years, and you never know how much time we have left; we have to enjoy spending time with him while we can.

    ReplyDelete