Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Let It Snow

A friend who I’ve known since we were 12 years old moved to Greece (lucky her!) over fifteen years ago where she’s enjoying lots of sunshine, warm weather and the beach. But no snow. And although she doesn’t miss the long, hard Canadian winters, she does miss seeing snow. Especially around Christmas.

So.

She asked me to snap some photos of the recent snowfall in my city and post them on Facebook for her to see. And because she’s such a good friend, I did. I slipped into my boots, bundled myself up, stepped out into the cold and snapped photo after photo. What I go through for my friends, eh?

Anyway, I’d like to share some of the photos taken in my snow-covered garden with you today. In case any of you are missing – or craving – snow.

Shall we?

Here they are...

Thank goodness the bird feeder has a roof to keep the snow off the food!

Canadians don't leave footprints in the sand; they leave them in the snow.

The flower bed on the right side of my home.

We didn't get a lot of snow, so you can still see the grass.

What's left of my neighbour's hydrangea blooms.

The flower beds in back of the house.

This is one of my rudbeckias.

Mini roses.

The only evergreen tree in my backyard.

I believe this is my morden sunrise.

I love how red these berries are. Great contrast with the snow.

An old bloom on my morden sunrise.

Another pretty berry picture.

Old blooms from one of my perennials.

The flower bed in the middle of my yard is now covered in snow.

More Canadian footprints in the snow.

Do you get snow where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment