Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Parmesan Chicken Strips

A very tasty recipe for chicken breasts that is also very easy to prepare.

Parmesan Chicken Strips

Ingredients:

2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves, skinned
1 egg, slightly beaten
¼ cup skim milk
½ cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried whole basil
½ teaspoon dried whole thyme
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Vegetable cooking spray

Preparation:

Trim excess fat from chicken. Cut chicken into 1-inch strips.

Combine egg and milk, stirring well. Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients; stir well. Dip chicken strips in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.

Place strips on baking sheets coated with cooking spray Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.

That's it! Now, enjoy...

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Martha! This looks wonderful---I have all the ingredients to make it but the chicken! But as soon as I can get out of our snow-covered driveway (ten more inches yesterday with more to come), I'm going to make this. Funny thing, I think we're getting more snow down South here than you are! *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, that looks seriously good. I'm planning to do a bunch of cooking tomorrow because we're going to be snowbound. Yeah! I love it when nature takes control...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, this is simply delicious! Definitely one of my favourite chicken dishes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    And you are right about the snow; you do have more than we do. We've hardly had any snow this winter. At least from a Canadian perspective. I can't believe how much you're getting so much further south!

    ======

    Cynthia, you'll love this dish. It's very, very tasty!

    I can't believe how much more snow you're having than us. It seems to be passing us by. We have gotten some snow in the past few days but it's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete