Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lovely Tulips From Lowe’s

Recently, Lowe’s opened up a store in my city, which I’m just thrilled about. You can never have too many greenhouses close to home.

Anyhow.

The day before they opened their doors to the public, one of their employees went door to door in my neighbourhood, offering each household a pot of tulips as a gift. No need to tell you how delighted I was to receive a pot full of flowers ready to bloom on a cold winter day.

Lucky for the man that delivered the tulips that my husband answered the door; this allowed him to be in and out in seconds. Had it been me, I would have squealed with delight, thanked him a gazillion times and then proceeded to ask a gazillion questions about the store. And its greenhouse. And its bird feeders. And the bird seed. And, and, and... Well, you get the idea.

The photos below were taken over a period of a week or so, and they show the flowers opening up.









Aren't they just stunning?

Thank you, Lowe’s. If you ever feel the need to do this again, some bromeliads would be lovely. Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. Wow how cool is that? And I'd be just like you with the delivery guy... lol Gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatiana, I think what impressed me the most is that it was a big box store that did this. I know they're just trying to gain our business, but still, I've never had a store like this offer anything, never mind having a driver go door to door. It was nice, and I appreciated it. I'm looking forward to seeing what their greenhouse is like this spring. The more places to shop for the garden, the better.

    ReplyDelete