Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Coreopsis Grandiflora ‘Sunfire’

Last summer it was all about creating flower beds to plant perennials, rose bushes, fruit bushes, etc, in. And although it was a lot of work, some of it very tiring, it was also a lot of fun. I visited many greenhouses, repeatedly, bought a lot of interesting plants for the garden (some of them old-time favourites) and got to play in the dirt almost every day of the week.

I also had the opportunity to discover and experience plants I’d never grown before, like the one below, Coreopsis grandiflora ‘Sunfire’, which turned out to be one of the best additions to my garden.

It started off as an itsy bitsy little thing...


...that grew...


...and grew...

I credit my garden gnome for doing a great job with this plant.

...into a lovely specimen...



...that bloomed throughout the entire summer.


I really look forward to this perennial returning in the spring with its pretty flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment