Friday, March 4, 2011

Hold The Veggies, Please

Earlier this week, as I researched for information about ferrets, I ran across an article that stated that fuzzies enjoy eating – and require - vegetables.

Say what?

I think my heart skipped a beat or two when I read this, so I need to remind my readers of a very important fact about these little animals:

Ferrets are obligate carnivores; animals that subsist on a diet consisting only of meat. They do not possess the physiology to digest vegetable matter. If you feed your pet fruits or vegetables, some small pieces may not be digested properly. Undigested fruit or vegetable matter can cause an intestinal blockage and put your pet's life at risk. In simpler terms: “you can kill your pet by feeding it these foods”.

To learn more about feeding a ferret, click here.


You said it, Bailey. No veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment