Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bulbs, Bulbs, Bulbs

With the weather not quite up to par, the gardening season took a little longer getting started this year. And the bulbs were no exception, especially the ones in front of my home that don’t get as much sun as the ones in the back. But when they did decide to finally brave the elements and rise, they were spectacular. Below are photos of the lovely flowers along the walkway.










The more bulbs I plant, the more I fall in love with them. It’s a wonderful way to bring in spring.

5 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous - I totally love your color scheme and perfect height arrangement :) It was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are too gorgeous Martha ! .. my bulbs were not as pretty as they were last year .. now all I am doing it seems .. is waiting for the leaves to take in their nutrition and die back so I can over plant to hide the mess ! haha
    It feels like I am rushing them .. but .. they just didn't do it for me this year .. drats !!
    Joy : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous mix! They are just so dang festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gardening is just not my thing. But even I had to stop and say "Wow". You truely have a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jane, I wanted bright, happy colours for the front of the house. They put a smile on your face. Definitely worth the wait.

    ==========

    Joy, my bubls are all done now, and like you, I'm waiting for the leaves to die back. As soon as they do, I'm going to plant annuals over them.

    ==========

    Tatiana, I love the colours of these bulbs. They turned out even better than I'd hoped. Every time I walked by them, it put a smile on my face.

    ===========

    Thanks, WebDebris; I do love gardening!

    ReplyDelete