Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Busy Bee

“Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

It took a lot of patience, not to mention the muttering of some not-so-nice words, to grab a photograph of this little busy bee. It’s moments like these when you realize just how quick on the draw your camera is. Load camera, damn it, load...

After a few failed attempts, I did manage to get a few reasonably decent photos.




I love when bees visit my garden. They are one of my favourite winged critters. Simply adorable.

4 comments:

  1. Your patience was rewarded :) I agree with you about bees, they are one of the few bugs that don't bug me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bees. Last year quite a few of them showed up in my garden; they really liked some of my flowers. I hope to see a whole bunch of them around again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually see these bees in my garden the first time each spring when my Lamiastrum comes into bloom, they just love those little yellow flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrew, this is the first year this plant bloomed for me (I just added it last year), so I am thrilled that the bees are attracted to the flowers. I'll look forward to it each spring.

    ReplyDelete