Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Another great recipe for chocolate chip cookies. This one is from Equal, and has become the family’s number one choice. As a bonus, it’s low in fat and calories, so it scores points all around. Double or triple the recipe; one batch is just not enough.


Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1/3 cup stick butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup Equal® Spoonful*
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips

*May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener

Preparation:

- Beat butter with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Mix in Equal® and brown sugar until combined.

- Mix combined flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350° F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden color. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.

- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.

Makes 2 dozen


Original recipe can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...It doesn't get much yummier than chocolate chip cookies :) I've never baked with Equal - do you notice any difference in the finished product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your Cheeky Quote says: "I married beneath myself, all women do" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, the cookies tasted great with the Equal; much better than I anticipated. I've used it for a few baking recipes, but not too often; the darn product is sooo expensive!

    Oh, I love those cheeky quotes. When I ran across them, I had to add them to my blog.

    ReplyDelete