Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What’s Blooming On?

“God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.”
~ Author Unknown ~

This post was supposed to go up early this morning, but blogger wouldn’t allow me to upload photos. I have no idea why.

Anyhow.

Our forecast states that we’re due for a few rainy days, which is okay with me. I’ve been hanging around the garden every chance I get, and because of that, I’ve fallen behind on so many things that need to get done. With the rain arriving, I have no excuse but to tackle some of those jobs.

In the meantime, today’s post includes another set of photos from around my garden. It seems these days that there are flowers springing up all over the place. I can hardly keep up with what’s blooming where. Not that I’m complaining, of course. I do love it, and I hope it continues throughout the summer.

I hope you all had a great day. Perhaps you enjoyed some sunshine.


I am in love with columbines. This one is the lovely Aquilegia alpina.




Another columbine. This one's Aquilegia 'Mellow Yellow'.




And still another columbine. This is Aquilegia vulgaris 'Black Barlow'.




A cute little plant with pretty blooms and gorgeous foliage. This is the Lamiastrum galeobdolon 'Hermanns Pride. It comes with the bee. Really. [grin]




You can't go wrong with Polemonium boreale ‘Heavenly Habit’





Pulsatilla vulgaris 'Red Bells' may be a small plant, but it makes a big impact in the garden with its flowers.




The Rhododendron 'Roseum Elegans' is simply stunning.




Tiny but gorgeous blooms from the Sedum kamtschaticum 'Variegatum.'




Teeny tiny flowers from Viola sororia 'Freckles'.



Weigela 'French Lace' has decided to put on a show of lovely blooms.




And finally, did I mention that I'm trying out zinnias this year? Well, I am. I'm curious about them, so I picked up a few. So far, so good...



That's all for now, folks. Have a lovely evening.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martha, You are not the first person to mention problems with Blogger lately - I wonder what's going on.

    Wow, you are swimming in gorgeous blooms :) I especially adore the freckled viola - very Victorian. Also, I am really taking quite a liking to columbines this year - I must get make a point of getting some.

    We just had about four days of rain here and I am still way behind in housework - not sure what my excuse is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, all of a sudden my plants took off. There are blooms popping up all over the place. It's really exciting! The viola is such a cute little plant with or without flowers. But the flowers are adorable. And they're so tiny.

    It rained for most of the day yesterday, but today the sun came out in the afternoon. Not sure what to expect next. More rain? Some rain? No rain? You can never count on the forecast. At least I got some things done yesterday. Yes, I was good. I pouted through it all, but I stayed focused.

    ReplyDelete