Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Reason Why My Garden Is Flourishing

I did expect my garden to be thriving this year, but it has surpassed my expectations. There is an explosion of colour as flowers open up everywhere. And although I’d like to think it’s all my doing, I wasn’t convinced; I don’t have enough experience yet to produce such great results. So, I wondered if there’s a higher power at work and set out to investigate. And lo and behold, I found out the reason why my garden is flourishing – deep inside my garden.

Beyond the Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Paris Rapa’...


...and the Astilbe ‘Sister Theresa’...



...and the Echinacea ‘Sundown’...



...and all the white daisies...




...and the Lilium ‘Royal Sunset’...



...and the Malva sylvestris ‘Zebrina’...


...and the Rudbeckia hirta ‘Sonora’...



...and the Echinacea ‘Hot Papaya’...



...and the Lamium maculatum ‘Anne Greenaway’...



...and the rudbeckia hirta ‘Indian Summer’...


...and the Rudbeckia hirta ‘Cordoba’...



...lies the reason why my garden is flourishing...



Gnomes.

I should have known it was gnomes.

And it looks like I’ve found the gnome headquarters. Oh my...

7 comments:

  1. The gnomes are doing a great job for you! Spectacular fleurs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...I knew it was the gnomes! I think your northern gnomes are more industrious than my southern gnomes. My flowers don't look nearly as good as yours. Those are so, so beautiful, Martha.

    Maybe I need to get my gnomes their own little house in the flowers? Or maybe they don't like all the heat down here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I think you have found them out... I hope you haven't jinxed yourself now, they don't like publicity... so mum's the word - I won't tell anyone if you don't. Gorgeous flowers, I definitely need to get more variety going in my garcen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Debra! The pay must be good since they seem to be working so hard.

    =====

    Beth, I knew you'd get a kick out of this since you already know how much I like gnomes. We're going through some tiring heat over here, so I'm not sure if these little guys are going to start slacking off. I hope not. Maybe I should give them a raise? :)

    =====

    Jane, I never thought of that, and you're right: they cannot stand publicity. So, yup, mum's the word...

    ====

    Couldn't help myself, NotSoAngryRedHead...once I get a silly thought in my head, I have to share it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Witam..
    posiadasz piękne i ciekawe rośliny !
    Pozdrawiam .Dana

    ReplyDelete