Thursday, August 25, 2011

Today's Trivia – Advertising Slogans (Part 2)

Some advertising slogans are (or were) so well-known that as soon as you hear them, you know immediately what company or organization they belong to. Below is a second list of some familiar slogans. How many do you recognize? How many do you remember? How many do you find yourself sometimes repeating?

Let’s get started...


“Give your baby something you never had as a baby: a drier bottom” (Pampers)

“Go further with Shell” (Shell Oil)

“Go well. Go Shell” (Shell Oil)

“Good morning! Have you used Pear's Soap?” (Pear's Soap)

“Good times. Great taste” (McDonald’s)

“Good to the last drop” (Maxwell House coffee)

“Got Milk?” (1993 Milk Campaign)

“Gotta have my pops!” (Corn Pops breakfast cereal)

“Grace...space...pace” (Jaguar)

“Guinness is good for you” (Guinness)

“Hair color so natural only her hairdresser knows for sure” (Clairol hair color)

“Has it changed your life yet?” (Compaq)

“Have a break. Have a Kit Kat.” (Kit Kat)

“Have it your way” (Burger King)

“Have you driven a Ford lately?” (Ford)

“Have you ever wished you were better informed” (The Times)

“Have you had your break today?” (McDonalds)

“Heineken refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach” (Heineken)

“Hello boys” (Playtex Wonderbra)

“Hello Moto” (Motorola)

“Hello Tosh, gotta Toshiba?” (Toshiba)

“High performance, delivered” (Accenture)

“How do you spell relief? R-o-l-a-i-d-s” (Rolaids)

“How do you spell soap? Why P-E-A-R-S, of course” (Pears' Soap)

“How does the wireless industry make you feel?” (Sprint)

“How many bars do you have?” (AT&T Wireless)

“Hungry? Grab a Snickers” (Snickers)

“I Am Canadian” (Molson Canadian beer)

“I am what I am” (Reebok)

“I bet he drinks Carling Black Label” (Carling Black Label)

“I can't believe I ate the whole thing” (Alka-Seltzer)

“I liked it so much I bought the company” (Remington shavers)

“I love what you do for me - Toyota!” (Toyota)

“I never knew you had dandruff” (Head & Shoulders shampoo)

“I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener” (Oscar Meyer Wiener)

“I'd like to buy the world a Coke” (Coca-Cola)

“I'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops” (Coco Pops breakfast cereal)

“I'd walk a mile for A Camel” (Camel cigarettes)

“If gas pains persist, try Volkswagen” (Volkswagen)

“If it's got to be clean, it's got to be Tide” (Tide)


“If I've only one life, let me live it as a blonde!” (Clairol hair color)

“If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen” (Volkswagen)

“If you don't get it, you don't get it” (The Washington Post)

“If you got the munchies, nothing else will do!” (Hostess potato chips)

“I'm lovin' it” (McDonalds)

“Impossible is nothing” (Adidas)

“In the valley of the Jolly, 'Ho, ho, ho, Green Giant'” (Green Giant)

“Intel inside” (Intel)

“Is it in you?” (Gatorade)

“Is it live, or is it Memorex?” (Memorex)

“It Beats - as it Sweeps - as it Cleans” (Hoover vacuum cleaner)

“It can only be Heineken” (Heineken)

“It cleans your breath while it cleans your teeth” (Colgate)

“It Floats!” (Ivory Soap)

“It just tastes better” (Burger King)

“It keeps going, and going, and going...” (Energizer Batteries)

“It takes a licking and keeps on ticking” (Timex Watches)

“It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken” (Perdue)

“It takes two hands to hold a whooper” (Burger King)

“It's everywhere you want to be” (VISA)

“It's for Yoo-hoo” (British Telecom)

“It's not just for breakfast anymore” (Florida Orange Juice Growers Association)

“It's not TV, it's HBO” (HBO)

“It's not your father's Oldsmobile anymore” (Oldsmobile)

“It's so big, you've gotta grin to get it” (Wagon Wheels)

“It's so easy to use, no wonder it's number one” (AOL)

“It's the cheesiest” (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese)

“It's the real thing” (Coca Cola)

“Just Do It” (Nike)

“Just like a chocolate milkshake, only crunchy” (Coco Pops breakfast cereal)

“Just slightly ahead of our time” (Panasonic)

“Keep Moving” (Johnny Walker)

“Keep that school girl complexion” (Palmolive Soap)

“Kid tested. Mother approved.” (Kix breakfast cereal)

“Kills Bugs Dead” (Raid)

“Lee. The jeans that built America” (Lee Jeans)

“Let your fingers do the walking” (Yellow Pages)

“Let's make things better” (Philips)

“Levis. Original jeans. Original people.” (Levis)

“Lifts and separates” (Playtex Cross-Your-Heart bra)

“Like a good neighbor, State Farm Insurance is there” (State Farm Insurance)

“Like a rock” (Chevrolet)

“Like no other” (Sony)

“Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin' goodbuzzin' cooltalkin' highwalkin' fastlivin' evergivin' coolfizzin'” (Pepsi Cola)

“Live in your world, play in ours” (Sony Playstation)

“Live unböring” (Ikea)

“Look, Ma, no cavities!” (Crest Toothpaste)

“M’m! M’m! Good! ” (Campbell’s Soup)

“Make someone happy with a phone call” (British Telecom)

“Making Tomorrow Better” (ONGC)

“Mama mia, that's a spicy meatball!” (Alka-Seltzer)


And finally, here’s the commercial (old one!) for Alka-Seltzer’s “I can't believe I ate the whole thing”




And for Pepsi’s “Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin' goodbuzzin' cooltalkin' highwalkin' fastlivin' evergivin' coolfizzin'”



2 comments:

  1. I have never seen that slogan for Pepsi. We had a slew of Pepsi taste test commercials which always baffled me. I could clearly tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi blindfolded, yet they have all these people that pick Pepsi over Coke. I just think either you are a Coke person or a Pepsi person. A blind taste test would have never converted me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, WebDebris. I could always tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi. Pepsi has a much sweeter taste than Coke, which I'm not too keen on. I prefer Coke.

    ReplyDelete