Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lovely Rudbeckias

It’s not awfully cold out, yet, but the garden season is pretty much over. The majority of the perennials are looking shabby, all the outdoor decorations have been put away, almost all the flower pots have been cleaned out, and I will be pulling out the annuals from the ground in the next few days – before the weather gets really bitter.

So, it is looking awfully depressing out there; even most of the birds that were visiting my backyard and adding joyfulness to it have left. And since this sad state will continue until March, it’s time to start flipping through photos taken during the prime time in the garden and keeping the hope going that spring will return – eventually – and bring back all the wonderful things that the warmer months of the year have to offer.

Like all the gorgeous Rudbecakias below...


Rudbeckia ‘Autumn Sun’




Rudbeckia goldsturm




Rudbeckia hirta ‘Cherry Brandy’





Rudbeckia hirta ‘Cordoba’




Rudbeckia hirta ‘Indian Summer’



Rudbeckia hirta ‘Marmalade’




Rudbeckia hirta ‘Sonora’




Rudbeckia maxima




I miss you, garden. Please come back soon...

[sniff]

3 comments:

  1. Lol, that last line got me :) I hear you - this time of year is bitter-sweet - so beautiful in many ways and yet it does feel kind of deserted outside and we know what's coming... Your garden was gorgeous, the Rudbeckias are stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're making me sad:( Goodbye Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jane & LaelShine: I enjoy fall in many ways (as long as the weather is relatively decent), but spring is where my heart belongs; it's my favourite time of year. Can't wait till it returns...[sad face]

    ReplyDelete