Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pretty Coneflowers

We should be getting our first frost by the end of this week, so yesterday I carried out the sad task of wrapping up my garden. No more potted plants. No more garden d├ęcor. No more annuals. No more seasonal birds. No more butterflies or bees or dragonflies. No more chipmunks. No more blooming perennials. For many, many months. Sigh...

It’s tragic, I tell you, tragic. And in order to make myself feel better – once again – here is another round of pretty flowers to remind me – and maybe you – that there is hope on the horizon. Last week it was about Rudbeckias, this week it’s about coneflowers (Echinaceas).


Echinacea 'Hot Papaya'




Echinacea purpurea




Echinacea purpurea 'White Swan'




Echinacea 'Sundown'




Echinacea 'Sunrise'



You know, I believe I'd feel better if I could spend a few of the winter months on a tropical island. Near the beach. Yeah, I think I’d feel a whole lot better...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hear you. I still have a few pots to put away and my bistro set at the front of the house - I've been holding off, trying to squeeze whatever I could out of what's left of the summer... I guess it's time to admit defeat for another year lol! Very pretty flowers, you'll have to repost these pics in February to cheer us all up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit it, too, but the temperature is forcing me to accept the inevitable. It's sad to look outside and see how shabby everything looks when just a couple of months ago there were beautiful blooms everywhere. I wish I could hibernate and wake up in March :)

    ReplyDelete