Monday, November 28, 2011

Favourite National Geographic Photos – Part 1

National Geographic is having its annual photo contest, and I just had to go over to their site and take a peek at what the editors’ favourites are so far. While I was there, I selected many a few photos that really ‘spoke to me’ that I’d like to share with you. My intention was to pick my top ten, but because it was very difficult to choose from so many beautiful photos, I ended up – so far – with 30 favourites! Oh well...

Below are the first 15 photos. The rest are featured in part 2 of this post...

(Visit NGM’s web site to view many more entries, and to upload your own:
National Geographic Photo Contest 2011
)

An absolute favourite of mine

Hanging on for dear life

Love is in the air...

Very cool photo of an owl flying with a look of determination on its face

I really like underwater photos

He he he...too funny!

Beautiful winter scene

So adorable!

Very serene scene

Looks like a scene in a video game

Very cool pic

I don't know what it is about it, but this photo really speaks to me

Very impressive picture!

This photo also speaks to me

Runaway hat...

5 comments:

  1. My fave is the tribesman on his sturdy horse with his falcon or hawk. Very dynamic shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not a judge - it would be quite hard to pick only one winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing shots! Like Debra, my favourite is the tribesman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I agree with Liza, I;m glad I'm not a judge. How could you ever choose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Debra: That photo is amazing! Yes, very dynamic.

    @Liza: I know! It's impossible to settle on just one when there are so many fabulous shots to choose from.

    @Jane: Once you get on NGM's website, you get hooked. So many beautiful photographs to look at.

    @LaelShine: I couldn't, but I guess they look for specific criteria that makes one photo the best. For me, they're all fantastic.

    ReplyDelete