Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Shades Of Purple And Blue

Yesterday was one of the most miserable days this month. It was dark and gloomy with pouring rain coming down for most of the day. According to the forecast, we should be seeing more rain today that will probably last until this evening. Bleh... I feel like crawling into bed and staying there until March.

Thank goodness for all the photos I took in my garden this past summer. They come in handy on days like today; they are a reminder that there are better days ahead. Eventually...

This week it’s all about blue and purple, two colours that I love.












There is a promise of sunshine tomorrow. Here’s hoping...

6 comments:

  1. On the brighter side... it's those worst days that have some of the best memories. Really cold snowy days remind me of sitting at my grandmother's fireplace with a Coke from a glass bottle. We would be sitting so close to the fire that we had to keep turning to even out the heat lol. I was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are great pics and and I love the blue & purple color scheme. I am thinking I need to print off some of my favorite shots of this past summer and put them on my fridge to give me hope.

    I know what WebDebris means though - I think many memories are more deeply ingrained because of the weather at the time - some if my fondest ones are from days when it was raining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, WebDebris; I have a lot of good memories from my childhood surrounding my family, especially my brothers. Winter meant having a lot of fun in the snow. Thanks for the reminder.

    -----


    Jane, sometimes I go through digital photos taken in the spring and summer just to catch a glimpse of some bright colours. It's pretty dull out there.

    -----

    Thanks, Debra! It was a great gardening season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is that beautiful flower in #10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the second image from the bottom, that's a Verbena. I'm not sure exactly which one it is, though, as it was an annual.

      Delete