Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Magic

Christmas has always been my favourite holiday of the year. And although it’s become quite commercialized over time, I still hold firmly onto the magical parts of it. Like all the things below...

Things I Love About Christmas

Visiting with family

Santa Claus

Reindeer

Tourtière (meat pie)

Christmas carols

Sending Christmas cards

Receiving Christmas cards

Children who still believe in Santa

The smell of cookies baking

Santa hats


Decorations

Sweet potato pie

Amaryllis bulbs

Christmas lights

Pumpkin pie

Christmas trees

Sugar cookies

Poinsettias (Yes, I do love them!)

Christmas parties

Ornaments


My mother’s baked goods

Christmas dinner and all the trimmings

Roast turkey

Store window displays

Holiday sweaters

Pecan pie

Wrapping paper

Gingerbread houses

Christmas slippers


Christmas cactus

Pine cones

Festive pajamas

Tinsel

Snowmen

Stuffing

Putting up and decorating the Christmas tree

Gingerbread cookies

Aprons with holiday decorations

Candy canes


Cranberry jelly

School holiday pageants

Children wearing elf ears

Small faces peeking behind the stage curtain

Kids forgetting their lines and making new ones up

Wrapping Presents

Roast potatoes

Sugar cookie dough

Cinnamon sticks



Television Specials:

- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- A Flintstone Christmas
- Frosty the Snowman
- Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- The Little Drummer Boy
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Twas the Night Before Christmas
- A Garfield Christmas




Christmas Music

- Away in a Manger
- Deck the Halls
- The First Noël
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- It Came upon the Midnight Clear
- Joy to the World
- All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
- Auld Lang Syne
- Away In A Manger
- Christmas Shoes
- Do You Hear What I Hear
- Go Tell It On The Mountain
- God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
- Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
- Holly Jolly Christmas
- I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Jingle Bells
- Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
- O Christmas Tree
- Where Are You Christmas
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- Silent Night
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Up on the House Top
- We Three Kings of Orient Are
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Winter Wonderland
- Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
- White Christmas
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
- Jingle Bell Rock
- The Little Drummer Boy
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
- I'll Be Home for Christmas
- Silver Bells
- Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
- Blue Christmas
- Frosty the Snowman
- A Holly Jolly Christmas
- It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Here Comes Santa Claus
- Do They Know It's Christmas? (Feed the World)
- There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays
- Feliz Navidad




Christmas Films

- The Santa Clause
- A Christmas Carol
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- Home Alone
- Scrooged
- The Grinch
- Miracle on 34th Street
- It's a Wonderful Life



These are just some of the things that make Christmas very special for me. What do you like best about the holidays?

4 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed everything about Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite thing about Christmas is... brandy beans, lol! Seriously though, for me it's the goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands down the Christmas Feast (Roast Beast) is the best part for me. Plus every year I get to watch "A Christmas Story" with my father. It has become a tradition. I also have a few movies that I watch every year like "It's a Wonderful Life" and I love the "A Christmas Carol" movie with Patrick Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Debra: It's a very special time of year is you stay away from the material madness side of it.

    -------

    @Jane: I've never heard of brandy beans. I have to look this up! The goodies this time of year are amazing.

    -------

    @WebDebris: Sounds like you have some wonderful traditions with your family. That's the most special part of Christmas - the time spent with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete