Monday, December 26, 2011

The World Begins Again On January 1, 2012

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background,
or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be
taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

- Nelson Mandela -

We’re just a few days away from wrapping up 2011. A few things have happened this past year; some of it good, some of it bad, some downright awful. But I’m still in one piece, albeit it a little banged up, and no matter what the year dished out, I made it. Life goes on, as we all know, and we go along with it.


The holidays can be a particularly difficult and stressful period for those dealing with grief, health issues, financial difficulties or any other situation that depletes and leaves one weary. And the wish I have for anyone who is facing any such struggle is that they find better days in 2012. More laughter and fewer tears. Good health and no ailments. More prosperity and less hardship. And every good thing that their heart and soul desires.

For all my fellow human beings, but especially for future generations, I hope and pray for the end of all our world’s troubles - war, famine, violence, poverty, slavery, drought, prejudice, terrorism, crime, oppression, disease, pollution, illiteracy, religious strife – and anything else that needs healing. I know it’s a very tall order, but we can hope for a better world. And certainly dream of one.

On January 1, 2012 the world begins again. Let’s do better.



A world of blessings to all of you for the upcoming year.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Martha, This is such a powerful post. I'm sorry to hear that you had some disappointments this past year that left you feeling banged up. Life throws us all curve balls once in a while. We also dealt with some heartaches in 2011 - but life goes on and we're hopefully stronger for it. Many blessings to you and your family in 2012 - your upbeat outlook has brought joy and laughter to me & many others who read your blog throughout the past year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jane, for your kind words. And I am really touched by your compliment on my blog; it's my creative (and playful) playground. And no matter what, I'm always moving forward; we all have problems. Wishing you all the best that 2012 has to offer. May you and your family be showered with a world of blessings. Looking forward to 'reading' you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, my northern friend. I'm a bit late to wish you a Merry Christmas, but I would like to wish you and your family a joyful and blessed New Year. I would also like to second what Jane said about your blog. Thank you for your positive attitude---I really enjoy reading your blog, though I haven't been very good about commenting lately. And I really love this post---it is so beautifully expressed, Martha.

    All the best in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, Beth! Always a pleasure to find you here. You know you're always welcome to drop by. Thank you for your kind words; I wish the best for you and your family, as well. And I hope you are all doing fine.

    ReplyDelete